While the strong thunderstorms forecasted for the area seemed to stay to the west, the system did bring in some fall temperatures (finally). Tuesday should see a high of 68 degrees and be partly cloudy with only a 20 percent chance of rain.
Route 347 and Route 111 construction further west continues to slow down the flow of traffic, which is only going to get worse as the project inches towards the area. The DOT's new travel time signs will let you know what to expect. Check out the traffic map above for up-to-date info.
Weight Loss Seminar, John T. Mather Hospital, Port Jefferson, 6:30 p.m.
Godfrey Mahler talks about growing up at the Fire Island Lighthouse, Emma Clark Library, 7 p.m.
The Ward Melville Heritage Organization is looking for photographers to help them capture photos of wildlife along West Meadow Creek.
- Boys Soccer hosts Brentwood, 4:15 p.m.
- Boys Cross Country hosts Commack, 4:15 p.m.
- Girls Gymnastics hosts King Park, 4:30 p.m
- Girls Swimming hosts individual competition meet, 4:30 p.m.
- Girls Swimming at Sachem East, 4:15 p.m.
- Girls Cross Country at Northport, 4:30 p.m.
It seems most people are thrilled that Fairway Market is coming to Lake Grove.
And local spirits were not hampered by this past weekend's homecoming loss, not one bit.
9 Ways You Can Share Tuesday
- Post Your Weekend Yard Sale
- Share Photos of the Community
- Tell Us Where Your Last Great Meal Was
- Chat With Parents About Raising a Family in Three Village
- Share Photos, Kudos or Observations of Three Village Sports
- Wish Someone in Town Happy Birthday
- Chat About School District Issues
- Hold Your Local Government Accountable
- Got Road Rage? Talk About the Infrastructure